Considerations for Computer Music applications:
- Signals are often noisy, eg: poor soundcards, other
- How much frequency resolution is needed? Correct octave a must, but
will a semitone suffice?
- What latency can be tolerated (what framesize should be used for
- Does the instrument have well-defined/behaved harmonics?
In the paper by de la Cuadra et al., ``Efficient Pitch Detection
Techniques for Interactive Music'', four (4) pitch detection algorithms
- Harmonic Product Spectrum
- Maximum Likelihood
- Cepstrum-Biased HPS
- Weighted Autocorrelation Function
``Music 270a: Signal Analysis''
by Tamara Smyth,
Department of Music, University of California, San Diego.
Download PDF version (analysis.pdf)
Download compressed PostScript version (analysis.ps.gz)
Download PDF `4 up' version (analysis_4up.pdf)
Download compressed PostScript `4 up' version (analysis_4up.ps.gz)
Copyright © 2019-12-02 by Tamara Smyth.
Please email errata, comments, and suggestions to Tamara Smyth<email@example.com>